Monday 23 August 2010

Bodyjam - Good or bad?

I didn't get up until 11:30 today.  It was partly my sisters fault! She said she was going to make me breakfast in bed.  I have no idea why.  But I waited for ages and she came an said she had been in her friends and we haven't got any bread anyway.  I should have just gotten up!
But I went the gym for 2 hours today.  I went to a bodyjam class which is a 'dance' class that is a brand.  I wasn't sure what it was all about at first and whether they are trained in a style, have specific moves or use the music.  I went last week and the teacher wasn't there so it was more of a free class.  Anyway on the British Les Mills website http://www.fitpro.com/bts/latest_release.cfm?title_id=312&program=BODYJAM it showed different bodyjam classes and I found the one that played the music I danced to.   It was called bodyjam 46.  I searched for this and found the exact same routine here http://v.ku6.com/show/mgY9AN_Dn3HbHTVL.html
I am not sure whether this is a good or a bad thing.  I would have thought the Les Mills training would train you in the style not just teach you how to teach the class! It is basically learning an exercise video and then reproducing it to a class.  I know in my dance class the teachers go on courses to learn the exam class material but that is totally different, it is a dance class first, and we learn the exam routine on the side.
By learning these Les Mills routines means the instructor has no freedom and can't adapt to the classes needs.  The instructor on the video from v.ku6.com said some of the moves may take a couple of weeks to master, but what happens after that?  Are the instructors forced to buy the new release from the series???
I just don't think it is very productive of effective!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment